Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Database Eloquent
Last updated 1 year ago.

First, Amazon maintains a Laravel ServiceProvider which wraps their SDK:

Secondly, there is a Laravel 3 bundle which has what you are asking for. I'm not sure what it would take to make it compatible with Laravel4.

That said, do you really need to use Eloquent models for this? If you are just making a couple of calls around stats then you might just need only to use the AWS SDK.

Food for thought..

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for the response.

I'll have a look into the Laravel3 bundle – that's at least a good starting point.

undernewmanagement said:

That said, do you really need to use Eloquent models for this? If you are just making a couple of calls around stats then you might just need only to use the AWS SDK.

Yes that is correct. A couple of reads in the backend and the writes from the frontend (anyhow not built with Laravel) do not need an implementation for the Eloquent model.

But I'm also thinking about using DynamoDB for my main database as well. I still need to calculate the different price models from AWS tomorrow before I know which one to choose for the main database.

So now I'll try to figure out what has changed from Laravel3 to Laravel4 and how the mentioned bundle will work with Laravel4. If anyone knows more about Laravel and DynamoDB I'm looking forward for your answers.

Last updated 1 year ago.

@pknecht, I'm in a similar boat as you as my team and I have been using Laravel for a while now and one of our sites that we took over is getting an overhaul. We are looking to use DynamoDB as the site is hosted on AWS EC2.

We are wanting to use DynamoDB for data model. Have you been able to find out anything in your quest?

Thanks

Last updated 1 year ago.

+1 DynamoDB question

Last updated 1 year ago.

Late answer, but no I haven't.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi,

Currently working on Restful API with DynamoDb, it is not good to use Eloquent model on Dynamo, but it is easily to use the AWS-SDK instead, just built a wrapper then create a model that extends on that wrapper. I'm using the latest development version of laravel which is kinda cool too.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Follow this tutorial to setup DynamoDB session driver for laravel 5

http://www.techigniter.in/tutorials/dynamodb-session-driver-fo...

@vineetgarg90 Your link is out of service, Do you know another way to connect from laravel 5.1?

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

pknecht pknecht Joined 8 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.