Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

Nice tuts man

using Cpanel , I install it via softaculous :D

Last updated 1 year ago.

This is GREAT, I'm waiting in chat to enable ssh now. I was just chatting with them yesterday and asking them why I couldn't use laravel on my shared server, in their support they said you have to have VPS/Dedicated.

Last updated 1 year ago.

With hostgator you don't really need to 'enable' SSH, just download putty and connect to your server with port 2222. Once you are in the server, it's UNIX terminal and everything would seem familiar again.

I followed the steps except for the public folder and the .htaccess changes, as i managed multi-domain with the same account. It works, thanks :)

Last updated 1 year ago.

great tutorial man much appreciated!

Last updated 1 year ago.

You are fantastic, and hostgator just told me I can't use Laravel without getting a dedicated server. You made it easy enough to follow that I got it working on the first try!!!!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Nice tutorial. Ran into a little hitch where alias and export path wasn't found but all still went through OK.

FWIW: If anyone encounters an issue with class 'Phar' not being found when trying to create the laravel project using the installed composer, I fixed mine by using this command instead:

php -d extension=phar.so composer.phar create-project laravel/laravel --prefer-dist

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for the tutorial.

One quick note. Hostgator has been migrating their "default" server configurations to PHP 5.4, so I was able to bypass a lot of this by doing the following (no need to install composer or anything like that).

1. Create my subdomain (or domain) and configure the document root to be the "public" folder.
  2. Upload my already completed laravel app.
  3. Go to the control panel and select the "PHP Configuration" option in the "Advanced" section.
  4. Navigate to the "public" folder and change the PHP version to be 5.5 (just to be safe). It appears they add a suPHP configuration option (or could be since I'm on shared hosting)
  5. Save changes, and wait a moment for the changes to propagate to the server.

A quick hard refresh and I was rolling with Laravel!

Hope this helps!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Lhamide00 said:

Nice tutorial. Ran into a little hitch where alias and export path wasn't found but all still went through OK.

FWIW: If anyone encounters an issue with class 'Phar' not being found when trying to create the laravel project using the installed composer, I fixed mine by using this command instead:

php -d extension=phar.so composer.phar create-project laravel/laravel --prefer-dist

Thanks.. I believe the tutorial should include your suggestion

Last updated 1 year ago.

what should i do for Nginx?

Last updated 1 year ago.

First of all Hello to the whole community.

Good for days had the problem of running my application I did in Laravel on a server anywhere in my local server so normal, and tried several free servers and payment and left the problem of the PHP version check detail documentation where it says that this framework runs only on servers that have PHP version 5.3 onwards and I share good link server where I now run my application. (There is explicit that Laravel Framework server and others)   www.hostinglaravel.com I hope someone else will serve this information.

Last updated 1 year ago.

It says /opt/php55/bin/php: No such file or directory

Last updated 1 year ago.

here i read for new comer installing laravel

http://driesvints.com/blog/laravel-4-on-a-shared-host

i use laravel 5 for testing deploy in Freehosting demo site

http://lifethumb.url.ph/

i use .htaccess for freehosting to manage test

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for the great tutorial. I use site5 and have been fighting with this for days.

tried to install with softaculous and then a manual install. looks like all I was missing was the aliases. I was about to give up.

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much! Really helpful.

I would never go for Hostgator. I never recommend shared hosting to my clients. I am using Laravel Hosting by Cloudways. They have given me the power to configure Laravel 5 in one click on a managed DigitalOcean server. I have options to enable Varnish and Redis cache. I have over 50 client sites running on Cloudways and I am extremely happy with their support.

pkanane said:

Lhamide00 said:

This worked for me. Thank you!

Everything seemed to install correctly but I don't see the "hello" screen. Could this be because I have an index.html file for my home page? Laravel is installed in the root and not the public_html. What's the issue?

I'm having a problem. I get through everything all well and good but when i get to the part where i have to change the PATHS.php file in the bootstraps DIR I cant because it seems that it was taken out of laravel.

this is the error Im getting when i try and run index.php on the server.

Warning: require_once(/home2/edwingm/public_html/../laravel/bootstrap/start.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/edwingm/public_html/index.php on line 36

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home2/edwingm/public_html/../laravel/bootstrap/start.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php55/lib/php') in /home2/edwingm/public_html/index.php on line 36

Plz Help I'm at my wits end.

HOSTING LARAVEL 5.4 PHP 7 Shared Hosting It offers web hosting for your projects in Laravel Framework all versions (4.x up to 5.4), we have support for PHP versions 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1, up to 20 times faster thanks to the storage technology SSD. Http://hostinglaravel.com/

Here is a simple guide to Deploy Laravel Application on Host-gator. And the steps works.

https://www.5balloons.info/hosting-laravel-5-5-project-on-shared-hosting-hostgator/

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

expositor expositor Joined 11 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.