Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Security Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

Replies to the old forum questions:

First of all thank you for your interest and sorry for the late reply

@zwacky: I deeply edited the documentation, is it more straightforward now?

@mango: thank you for your feedback, I'll check out Yahoo

Last updated 1 year ago.

Yahoo! provider added as requested and main post updated

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for sharing, cerbero90!

I know first hand how time-consuming it is to implement these types of integration, so your contribution is greatly appreciated.

Last updated 1 year ago.

keep it up, this will be a big help for us newbies!

Last updated 1 year ago.

@jgarifuna: you're very welcome :) I can work on it only in weekends, this is why I release weekly updates

@riggscastro: thanks, I'm glad you find this package useful :)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Added Facebook API helpers to manage Applications. Main post updated

Last updated 1 year ago.

Added Facebook API helpers to manage Checkins and Comments. Main post updated

Last updated 1 year ago.

awsome cerbero90 keep the good job

Last updated 1 year ago.

thanks karev :)

If somebody needs a specific implementation of OAuth providers or API helpers, please let me know

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hey cerebro90, great package! Was completely frustrated when I realized Anvard wasn't in development anymore, and using HybridAuth itself didn't feel very well integrated with Laravel. A few questions:

• How do I save retrieved information (e.g. email, first/last name) to the database?
  • What specific fields/tables I have to add to my database?

Again, thank you for this package! :)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi ArcticZero :) you can be very flexible about it and don't need specific fields or tables to store user information.

The package offers simple methods to gather the data you need, then you can store them wherever you want.

For example:

$id = Facebook::id();
$email = Facebook::email();

$user = Auth::user();
$user->fb_id = $id;
$user->email = $email;
$user->save();
Last updated 1 year ago.

Added API helpers for events on Facebook. Main post updated

Last updated 1 year ago.

Nice package.

Last updated 1 year ago.

If you want to allow login from multiple providers, is there a simple way to have a different redirect_uri for each provider, or some way to detect in your redirect function which provider the redirect came from? By the way, great package, thanks a lot!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Is there any documentation for this package other than what's on the bitbucket wiki? If not, I would suggest adding the following: For Facebook, you can run the functions in the PHP SDK by chaining them on Facebook::client(). For example, to run the function getUserAccessToken in the SDK, you would do:

Facebook::client()->getAccessToken();

Also, when making API calls, you might want to check for an expired access token. I think that the only way to do this is to make an API call and see if you get back an OAuthException. Something like this:

try
{
    $fb_email = Facebook::email();    
    $fb_id = Facebook::id();
}
catch(Exception $e)
{
    return Redirect::to(Facebook::request('email'));
}

Also, might be good to put this in your logout function:

Facebook::client()->destroySession();
Last updated 1 year ago.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm very busy in this period.

@emerson5 you can find the route you're looking for in Cerbero / Oauth / routes.php For the time being, if you want to add more logic to it, feel free to copy & edit it. I'm going to fire an event with the next update.

You may call client() with every provider, that allows you to be more flexible, thank you for your suggestions, I will update the package and documentation as soon as possible :)

Last updated 1 year ago.

hello,

thank you for the excellent package :) however, I am wondering, from the quick example,

$google = Google::request('email');

could I ask for calendar permissions from here as well? like

$google = Google::request('email','calendar');

and for

$id = Google::id();
    $email = Google::email();

May I know other than id and email, where can I find the other methods that I can use as well? For example could I get the profile picture?

Thanks!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi kensim86,

sure you can :) have a look at https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/auth to find out what are the scopes.

id() and email() are just shortcuts, you may access every client method via Google::client()->method(); This is the Google client: https://github.com/google/google-api-php-client/blob/master/sr...

Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm running into an error in my application that includes this package when deployed to Heroku:

Class 'Cerbero\Oauth\Oauth' not found

It works fine in my local environment, and when I remove this package, everything in the rest of my application works. It's pretty tough to troubleshoot, because I can't repeat the error locally. I've tried running artisan dump-autoload and artisan optimize in the heroku shell after deploying, but I still get that error. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm having the same problem as emerson5, works locally but will not work live (Fortrabbit), same exception:

Class 'Cerbero\Oauth\Oauth' not found

Anyone have a solution for this?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi

I try to run the composer, but I have this error

Package facebook/php-sdk is abandoned, you should avoid using it. Use facebook/php-sdk-v4 instead.

And I can't to use this package.

How can i destroy Google session?

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.