Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm getting the same issue with several servers. No idea what is up. Figure this one out?

Forge has been provisioning a fresh server for over 7 hours... just stalls.... digital ocean 2.0 and tried custom vps... same issue

4 ram 2 cpu 60 gb... ubuntu 14 x64 with ipv6 added...

any idea?

Unfortunately no, I never did end up getting this resolved. I even contacted Taylor about it and kudos to him for looking into it, but he too was unable to provide a fix. Even with deleting and re-starting servers, the problem was still there. I recall even disassociating my GIT account with it thinking that might have done it, but to no avail.

Ultimately I ended up cancelling my Forge account and using an alternative. Couldn't risk this type of issue on a production environment.

alternative? willing to share u4rob?

forge has been going nuts lately. i've seen too many complaints.

hakeme said:

Sorry hakeme, not been back on the forum for a while - I went with https://serverpilot.io in the end, bit more work to do but ultimately it's proven to be bug free. Fingers crossed. :)

@slev70 I had the same problem. I tried a lot of things but I finally found it was the SSH banner we use that caused this error. After disabling the banner, the provisioning worked fine.

Maybe that helps others running into that problem.

Pretty sure I didn't have anything like that on the go. From what I recall the issue started out of the blue when I tried doing a deployment and absolutely nothing fixed the problem hence why I moved away from the service.

To be fair though, I did enjoy using Forge (when it worked) and it's probably come a long way since this issue so I might give it another go for my next project. Maybe... ;)

hakeme said:

There are lots of alternatives to Forge, some are even better. There is Cloudways (http://www.cloudways.com/en/laravel-hosting.php ) that also provides one click Laravel deployment on AWS, Google Compute, DigitalOcean and Vultr hosting.

azazqadir said: There are lots of alternatives to Forge, some are even better. There is Cloudways (http://www.cloudways.com/en/laravel-hosting.php ) that also provides one click Laravel deployment on AWS, Google Compute, DigitalOcean and Vultr hosting.

I've heard good and (mainly) bad things about Cloudways. Not used them as yet myself but I'd definitely be careful with this service.

i've had good experiences with forge and have gotten ticket responses within 24 hours. the last 2 tickets are a different story. i submitted a ticket regarding mysql/mariadb. a few months ago. i eventually figured it out. the command i was running was for a newer version of the db server. even though i figured out the problem, i have yet to hear a response on that ticket.

2 days ago, i submitted another ticket regarding a custom vps to an existing ec2 server. i've tried all the troubleshooting articles and searched online while i waited for a response. i don't mind doing research but i'm paying for the service and would like some sort of assistance. i don't want to sound like an entitled douche nor am i bashing the service. forge is an awesome service. i have a DO server connected to it and it works flawlessly. i'm just sharing the last 2 experience i have with it and it's not looking good.

i'm currently looking for an alternative. i don't need hosting, i just need an interface to DO and EC2 where i can add new site entries to nginx, automatically assign/renew ssl certs with lets encrypt, and push from a git repo and deploy. paying for forge makes my deployment and hosting easier. it also allows me to support the laravel project. if i find a different solution, i will find another way to support laravel $.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

slev70 slev70 Joined 28 Jan 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.