Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Database Eloquent
Last updated 1 year ago.

State what you expect and what you already tried

Last updated 1 year ago.

Although I moved onto something else at that time, I really do need to make this working now; has anyone faced this problem and found how to do it?

jarektkaczyk said:

State what you expect and what you already tried

I just want to know how I have to declare this on my Model files and how to use it (find(), save(), ...).

Cheers,

Last updated 1 year ago.

Alright, I have this working.

There a two approaches here. The first is easy: Make the pivot table a regular table with a model and use easy belongsTo and hasOne relationships. But that's no fun (and it falls apart when you want to use it like a pivot table, as you then have to deal with hasManyThrough relations... -.-).

So, we'll do a three-way and use withPivot and wherePivot to access the third wheel on each relation:

In the Currency model:

public function land_fee_types()
{
    return $this->belongsToMany('LandFeeType', 'currencies_land_fee_types_versions')->withPivot('version_id');
}

public function versions()
{
    return $this->belongsToMany('Version', 'currencies_land_fee_types_versions')->withPivot('land_fee_type_id');
}

In the LandFeeType model:

public function currencies()
{
    return $this->belongsToMany('Currency', 'currencies_land_fee_types_versions')->withPivot('version_id');
}

public function versions()
{
    return $this->belongsToMany('Version', 'currencies_land_fee_types_versions')->withPivot('currency_id');
}

And in the Version model:

public function currencies()
{
    return $this->belongsToMany('Currency', 'currencies_land_fee_types_versions')->withPivot('land_fee_type_id');
}

public function land_fee_types()
{
    return $this->belongsToMany('LandFeeType', 'currencies_land_fee_types_versions')->withPivot('currency_id');
}

No that we have this setup, we can query it:

$currencies = Currency::all()->land_fee_types()->wherePivot('version_id', 3)->get();

By doing this, each object in $currencies now has a pivot object that includes the pivot data:

$first_version_id = $currencies->first()->pivot->version_id;

Hope this helps! ;)

Last updated 9 years ago.

First of all, thanks for your lenghtly reply! Secondly, I gave up on this and I just used the first option you described, as your second option is way too "hacky" I think and not 100% trustable in terms of results (I already have the 'value' field as a pivot), but thanks for mentionning it!

Cheers,

@sisou, your question should be cast in stone! I was looking for this for centuries :D What about, if we had 4(,5,6,...) columns?

Last updated 8 years ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

nikospkrk nikospkrk Joined 13 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.