Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

Laravel is installed into the vendor/ folder with all of your other composer packages (if any).

I don't commit the vendor folder into source, some people do to ease deployments however. What I do is commit the composer.phar inside of the project directory. You also should commit the composer.lock file (and remove it from the gitignore, I'm not sure why its ignored to be honest).

On deployment you can run composer install --no-dev and your migrations. You might write a bash script or something similiar to deal with that.

A more advanced way to manage deployments would be to use something like Capistrano, Rocketeer or Laravel's Remote component.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Wow, excellent advice. Thanks very much for the assistance. I'll do the steps you describe to start with, and then I'll look into Laravel's Remote component.

Thanks again!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Just as a side note - Bitbucket doesn't really "recognise" Laravel, it's a hosted version of Git - and Laravel comes with a .gitignore file that Bitbucket is reading when you commit to the repository - that's why it's automatically ignoring certain files and folders (such as the "vendor" directory).

Last updated 1 year ago.

Running composer install in production would be a good solution if your production host has composer installed. What is the recommended solution for deployments if you are on shared hosting?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Auzette auzette Joined 6 May 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.