Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

I have one setup on godaddy < 4.00 per month. But if dealing with sensitive information, you may need to look for a dedicated hosting server. More expensive though.
Byethost is another, they even offer a free plan.

Last updated 8 years ago.

But the problem with non dedicated server, is the security.(important point)

I prefer a dedicated server, but woul like to know about prices.

Call godaddy, they have techs that will discuss it with you. Byethost list their prices on the site. Byethost.com.
But any host that meets the php and other laravel requirements should work. I have used the two I mentioned.

http://aws.amazon.com/ -> the best in the business if you have the skills.

hostgator for dedicated hosting.. if you dont like to waste time a lot. try laravel forge, docker and Heroku ... instant deploying tool!

Digital Ocean, Amazon, Rackspace, Linode, MediaTemple are solid...I've had bad experiences with GoDaddy hosting (great for DNS though).

Try rosehosting. I host all of my Laravel projects on a vps with rosehosting.com and I'm very happy with the speed and reliability.

Digitalocean is really nice.

DigitalOcean for me too

You can use VPS hosting from http://www.bodhost.com/windows-vps-hosting.php I guess. I've been using it for my needs for some time, and it works like a charm for me. Have you tried the Bodhost service? It is definitely worth the money

TorchSK said:

DigitalOcean for me too

I also love DigitalOcean but as I didn't want to manage server from command line so I am using Cloudways to host my Laravel website.

VPS is only cheap when your time has no value. that's why we started •fortrabbit — our aim is to become the best in PHP hosting. we love Laravel, see here: http://www.fortrabbit.com/laravel-hosting

I will put my vote in for Digital Ocean if you are a developer fluent in using linux. They open the VM up to you entirely and its your baby. You can spiffy it up or destroy it and make multiple images of your VM in any way YOU see fit. I have not once had to call up tech support to "unlock" something or to update a setting.

Best thing is, its only 5 / month for a simple box. So its INCREDIBLY well priced for a development environment and pretty decently priced after that. I have two dev boxes...best 10 / month i spend.

Good luck and let us know where you decide and why :)

how updated is this?

Yes - would like to revise this thread :)

There is a lot of options. I've heard a lot of good things about Hover.com so maybe buy a domain name using them.

Personally I use a combination of Digital Ocean and Laravel Forge, because it's designed only to serve Laravel application and I really like using a service which is build and maintained by Taylor Otwell... Recommend!

Last updated 7 years ago.

HOSTING LARAVEL 5.4 PHP 7 Shared Hosting It offers web hosting for your projects in Laravel Framework all versions (4.x up to 5.4), we have support for PHP versions 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1, up to 20 times faster thanks to the storage technology SSD. Http://hostinglaravel.com/

i have been trying to host on digital ocean for days now and its not working

For me the best hosting so far for Laravel is Digital Ocean. They offer great virtual servers and work like a charm.

Also, to setup and manage the server(s) you need I would advise you to subscribe to a service that allow you to deploy your sites. Currently I'm using Moss with DigitalOcean. It's really easy to deploy Laravel sites.

Last updated 6 years ago.

Don't use GoDaddy. While I'm at it, don't use BlueHost, HostGator, or any other EIG-owned host.

DigitalOcean were great, but they are still stuck in their 2012-2016 pricing. Get with the times, DO. Both Vultr and Linode now offer double the resources for the same price as DO. So, IMHO, Vultr and Linode are the best for Laravel.

I actually did a cloud hosting comparison and compared DO, Linode, Vultr, Amazon, OVH, RamNode. All are great for Laravel.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

DiegoHeras diegoheras Joined 26 Dec 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.