Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

I wish that there was a cheaper per package option. For a small team of developers that will probably only use Sentry / Sentinel, $75 every 3 months is a bit pricey.

Anyway, cartalyst always do a great job.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi vpakg,

I appreciate your comments, If we did one off packages the price per package would increase considerably. I have tried very hard to keep pricing as low as possible and thus far the solution in place has been the most practical both for subscribers and the sustainability of the company.

If Sentinel was a one off package, how much would pay? How long would expect upgrades/updates for?

Consider this, Sentry easily has over 2000 hours over the last 2 years. Sentinel Has about 240 since rebranding and has another 800 on the roadmap to go for all the add ons and feature enhancements. The developer market is limited.

Very quickly the cost of production vs ROI would increase the cost of packages. At $75.00 for all packages is a great deal, and you only stay subscribed if you want updates/bug fixes patches.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi drsii, thank you for your reply and after thinking about it, I agree with you. I ended up subscribing to arsenal, it is definitely worth it.

Thank you.

Last updated 1 year ago.

drsii,

I think your products are great and I appreciate all the hard work you have put into them. I think your pricing model works great for start-ups and companies, however it really discourages independent developers from using your products. It seems like every time I check you have raised your prices. I have a project right now where I would love to use your products but I can't justify $75/quarter for just this one project. And yes technically, I can buy it one time and then cancel but then it causes headaches with composer as once I loose access it will keep trying to pull updates.

I would love to see some sort of tiered pricing, where a lone developer like myself could justify keeping the subscription even if I don't have a steady flow of projects that require Cartalyst.

Thanks.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi Nathan,

You should make sure your projects are tied to a composer.lock on your production environment. We're also making a stronger effort to go back through packages and tag any missing versions that still have dev-master. Doing this would prevent any issues when composer installing, updating if you have a canceled subscription.

I don't think we could justify a cheaper price, but I do appreciate your insight. 75.00 for unlimited usage is pretty good deal. Even as an independent developer that is 1 maybe 2 hours of your billable time per quarter.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm sad that Sentinel is not free. I will probably have to switch from Sentry to another package for some of my projects.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

drsii drsii Joined 31 Jan 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.