Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Database Eloquent Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

very interesting, that will solve all my headache manipulating nested thing , thank you .

Last updated 1 year ago.

karev said:

very interesting, that will solve all my headache manipulating nested thing , thank you .

I hope it will! Good luck!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hello lazychaser Good work. I have two questions.

1. How can I use the exported file (pages.php) ?

2. I saw in the database, that you use both adjacency and nested set model. When you delete a parent node also all descendants are destroyed.

It wouldn't be better to keep the descendants as this is permitted by nested set model logic?

Last updated 1 year ago.

esifis said:

Hello lazychaser Good work. I have two questions.

1. How can I use the exported file (pages.php) ?

2. I saw in the database, that you use both adjacency and nested set model. When you delete a parent node also all descendants are destroyed.

It wouldn't be better to keep the descendants as this is permitted by nested set model logic?

It's hard to keep up with the topic when it doesn't have any notifications.

1. I did this feature to be able to update default pages that are created when seeding database (see PagesSeeder)
  2. It's not a simple case about what to do when you delete a node. What should I do? Make all child nodes root? Or append them to the parent of the node being deleted? Or delete them? I think that deleting all descendants is logical solution. You can do whatever you want with descendants on deleting event.
Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.