Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

google for a tutorial on how to setup a virtual host on apache. that should do it

I followed this and configured apache2: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up...

On other topic I installed composer (and curl). the landing page is still blank, doen't show any error. Do I need Git/hub? and on the git topic do I end up paying anything for Git?

Github isn't required (although useful), last time I checked private repositories required a paid account at github, but you can get a limited number of free private repos at bitbucket

take a look at your apache error log and the php error log

Thanks guys! what was the first problem was in VirtualHosts, that file is called sites-available I think, and lies in the apache2 directory. The DocumentRoot in that file is supposed to point to index.php which, in 5.3, is in /public. Just saying DocumentRoot /var/www/projectname will not work, but DocumentRoot /var/www/projectname/public solved my (first) problem (the problem this thread is about).

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

muppbarn muppbarn Joined 29 Mar 2016

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.