Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

Have you got a block with robots.txt?

If you have tried the 'upload a file method' can you visit the URL and get a response?

Google obviously has an issue hitting the server. So I'd suggest that you are 100% that you can too. check the URL, location of the file etc. Make sure that file that you upload is in the root of the site and that it stays their. You shouldn't delete it.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Well, for the file upload method, i dont know how exactly im supposed to do that... i did the normal thing, ie, created a route and a view. I did something like this:

Route::get('googleetcetc.html', function(){

return View::make('googleetcetc');
});

and the view it's a php file, obviously. The Google im sure isnt expecting something like this, it really wants the html file... How exactly do i do with the file upload method?

Last updated 1 year ago.

PS:

I also dont have any robot.txt

But the weird thing for me is the method of google analytics isnt working, when i have google analytics working fine in the website. I tried the metatag method and isnt working too... damn weird :S

Last updated 1 year ago.
Solution

OK. Forget Laravel for a sec. You don't need it for this.

Open up your FTP app (Or git - whatever you use).

Navigate to the root of you app. Were you see the 'app' and 'public' folder.

Drag your google file in to the 'public' directory so it uploads.

Then if your google file is called: google58399.html

Navigate in your browser to http://WHTEVER-YOUR-DOMAIN-IS.com/google58399.html

If you can see the a response in your browser, then go and ask Google to to check again and you should be rocking.

You don't need Laravel for this at all.

As a side note, if your site isn't ready to be ranked by Google or any search engine, then read up about robot.txt files. You can block the bots from crawling your site until it is ready.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: As a second side note. Do you know about developing locally?. It sounds like you are uploading everything to a live server. I'd advise against this. While you are learning and developing the site, you can work locally and upload everything when you are ready. It will speed up your process and other things.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks man :)

I thought that Laravel would require something "special" for the upload file method, but just uploading to the public folder works fine :D no need to to create a route, view, whatever...

I thought Laravel forced the routing system, so to speak. Didnt think that just by uploading a file to the public directory, that one could access it like that. Always learning :D

And yes, im developing locally and then uploading the content ;) i got passed that lvl already lol

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.