Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Authentication Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

We use Cartalsyt and can't reccomend them enough. Platform is what they call their cms. It's a great starting point:

• users and groups with permissions
  • menus with drag and drop ordering
  • insanely easy module creation - the is awesome. You can create basic crud modules that you can expand on in literally seconds. This is awesome!
  • pages - it's ok, we have written our own though.
  • content - bits of reusable content. Nice for footer, header content etc
  • great config set up.
  • plus a load of other bits.

Other packages you have access to as a subscriber is a great cart system, conditions, api, datagrid.

If you google for cartalyst vimeo, there are a few videos that will give you an idea of the backend. Some of them are a little old now, but give you an idea.

There are some demos for some of the packages - but not for Platform that I am aware of.

Really very happy to reccomend these guys. They are very forward thinking and support is second to none. Just to confirm, I am a happy customer and not affiliated in anyway.

I've heard good things about orchestra. Again, it is a base to build from and judging by packaglist downloads very popular. I haven't used it myself.

I think Pongo CMS is Laravel, there is another called October CMS.

We decided to go with Cartalyst because the developers are taking an affordable subscription from you, they have a vested interest in moving things forward and fixing bugs - which leaves you to focus on building for your clients etc. Open Source solutions are fantastic too, but as there is no financial reward, progress can be a little slow. In makes business sense for us to work with Cartalsyt.

The other option is to build your own. There are a ton of packages out there now that make this really easy.

There are a few other more basic CMS starters out there. But not tried them. Hope it helps.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Wow, thank you for the kind words about our business.

We'll continue to strive to impress. Platform 2 is stable in november with some great additions. This made my day!

Dan Syme Owner / Founder Cartalyst

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

raxan raxan Joined 11 Oct 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.