Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Eloquent
Last updated 1 year ago.

Ok, this is messed up. You have a post table with a id_user. Then you have a user table with id_user. AND THEN you ALSO have a post_user table to connect the two again? That makes no sense in my opinion.

What do you want to achieve with your query? I think it needs a rethink.

Other option: look at http://laravel.com/docs/4.2/queries#advanced-wheres and lose the 'post_user' in the second orWhere() (Just a guess)

Last updated 1 year ago.

I know what is wrong.
This part of code inside your function.

where('post.id_post', '=', 'post_user.id_post')

This will result in a query that contains

post.id_post = 'post_user.id_post'

id_post is a integer, but you pass a string into the where. The third parameter of a where() must not be a column name to compare to, but the value to comepare to.
Instead, use a whereRaw().

whereRaw('post.id_post = post_user.id_post')
Last updated 1 year ago.

Ok, sorry for the mess. The goal of this query is to publish the posts that have been posted by you that you visit the profile: ->join('user', 'post.id_user', '=', 'user.id_user') ->where('user.id_user', '=', $id_user)

or those published by another user on the user whose profile you are visiting the page: ->orWhere('post.id_amico', '=', $id_user)

or those shared by this user: ->orWhere(function($query) use ($id_user) { $query->where('post', 'post_user.id_post', '=', 'post.id_post') ->where('post_user.id_user', '=', $id_user); })

and that is where the problems begin, because I can not specify the use of the table "post_user" which is what I need. There is the possibility of using two tables in orWhere function ()? That's what I want to understand.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.