Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Eloquent Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

I want to separate the user table and put it into it's own database - so essentially the script will use two databases at the same time. My reason for this is because I have other identical scripts on the server with which I want to link the user data together.

It is possible to use multiple databases in one Laravel app. I'm using two databases in one of my Laravel 4 apps currently.

But the user tables have to be manually updated and I don't have access to cron jobs to automate this.

I think there are ways to not need a cron job.

So I need the user tables in a seperate database allowing all the scripts to read from the same table. Am I making any sense?

Mostly.

Is there a way of doing this, if so what do I need to modify?

I would say maybe, yes. It is difficult to say what to do without just guessing on a lot of information.

You can run the user table directly in the second database, which is how I am doing my shared site authentication.

Or maybe some code in that would "clone" whatever happens on the original table to the second, more complicated but possible.

Just a couple ideas but will need more info about the setup to really suggest a solution.

Hope that helps some

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

HuntZero huntzero Joined 24 Nov 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.