Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Database
Last updated 1 year ago.

if you implement something like this in PHP you will have scaling problems and possibly a degradation in performance.

consider using mysql replication - you can easily setup mysql replication to sync master to slave dbs. this is faster and can be scaled quickly

Many thanks for the reply. The only issue I have got is the slave database is Microsoft SQL server. What will be the best way to implement that.

I would still appreciate if you or anyone can shed any light on the way if I want to use Laravel/PHP.

Thanks

If it is dictated that the slave has to be sql server, I would use this as the master too

I understand and appreciate the alternate suggestions. However, if you have a look at my original question, my requirements are very specific.

I wish if I could know a way using Laravel or some tool that will synchronize the master MySQL server db with MSSQL db.

It is not clear from OP why you need to run different vendors, as above, if it were me I would make changes to run the same vendor for both master and slave. If you do need to do this then something like goldengate might work for you

Thanks astroanu and elite123. I will possibly go with MySQL server as master and slave.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

malikali86 malikali86 Joined 30 Nov 2016

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.