Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

I would look at building the client in an app / javascript (angularjs?) then resync the data to laravel/server when you have a net connection. I wouldn't be keen to try and deploy laravel locally as a client to resync back to a server - too many potential problems with local server/database

We are looking to do something similar as one of our apps in frequently used out in the field where connections can be unreliable or non existent

This is actually borrowed from node.js and meteor.js A pub/sub system when it sort of mirror the database on client side in memory. When client needs to update, they update the client database, and pub/sub is supposed to take care the rest, resync back to server (with filters to determine whether it is a valid action, when failed, revert client's database back).

When your app lose internet connection, your application will still allow you to operate, and when internet connection is back, changes made to the client database will notify back the server and continue to sync back data.

I personally think this task is more suitable to do in node.js. But in Laravel case, try make use of web socket.

Best of luck!

@imoniator12 how did you implement the solution. What is actual feedback of client after using it in production...? I have to build such system and need to know if solution work in real life...

Last updated 8 years ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.