Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Input
Last updated 1 year ago.

What command are you using to execute artisan?

in cPanel forwarders the command is:

/home/mysite/artisan parseemail

Try this

/usr/local/php55/bin/php /home/mysite/artisan parseemail

Yes I wanted to try that already, but on the shared hosting (SiteGround, if that makes any difference) cPanel is set up in a way that prevents me from doing this - when I typed command as you suggest, it was converted relative to my home directory, so I ended up with below, which did not work:

/home/mysite/usr/local/php55/bin/php /home/mysite/artisan parseemail 

But I have modified the hasbang of artisan to make sure it is parsed with php 5.5 (As per my initial post) so should have the same effect really?

Last updated 9 years ago.

I would suggest opening a support ticket with them as to how you can go about this.

But the command itself starts OK - do you think the error has something to do with artisan being run under a different version of PHP?

Ok after a bit of digging I found out that if I do php55 artisan, then I get a list of possible artisan commands to execute. But if I try to run ./artisan directly I am getting exception error - even though the hashbang is correctly (confirmed by my host support) set up to run php 5.5.

Last updated 9 years ago.

I knew it was something simple! Replaced this:

#!/usr/local/php55/bin/php

with this:

#!/usr/local/php55/bin/php-cli

and everything is working perfectly!

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

pawcio-g pawcio-g Joined 31 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.