Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Mail Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

I also had problems with that, so i changed to smtp. You make an account to any mail system [i recommend gmail] and you add login information in config. You can modify the sender name and email on the function above, so you don't have to worry that your users will recive mails from [email protected], you can make them recive mail from [email protected].

Still, if you prefer the default mail, i suggest you to contact your hosting provider. They might have some restrictions and may be able to walk you through configuring your email.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply. I ended up changing to Gmail smtp and it works fine, but I'm still curious as to why it wouldn't work with the standard php mail function.

Last updated 1 year ago.

i believe homestead doesn't come with sendmail installed, so php can't send email's directly (as per default config).

So you will either have to ssh to your VM and install sendmail via the package manager, or edit the homestead.rb to do it for you, or even create your own default vm box based on homestead.

Last updated 1 year ago.
Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

danbondd danbondd Joined 27 May 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.