Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Session Cache
Last updated 1 year ago.

For anyone who might run into this issue in the future, I changed my Driver in session config to "native" and it seems to work now, not sure if the "memcached" driver option tries to bypass the native php session support on the server?

Last updated 1 year ago.

I have same problem. You solved it?

Last updated 1 year ago.

I have same problem. I switched to native and sessions work, so now it will use the native config I defined in php.ini?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Actually I was wrong, I found out today that sessions have been saving in the storage directory when you choose "native" - "native" has been changed to just mean "file"... I am successfully still using memcached for Cache, however it will not work correctly for session data...so I am still having this issue, and it seems others are too

Last updated 1 year ago.

yep, issue still exists

Last updated 1 year ago.

I was debugging it a bit today, and I can see that sessions are being stored in memcached, but never recovered, in other words I am seeing the normal "put" commands inserting the sessions, but no "get" commands, not even a miss

Last updated 1 year ago.

Solved in my case, the session lifetime was set too high, someone thought it was in seconds, turns out it is minutes, so the session was set to expire in over a year, while memcached has a 30 day limit.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your follow up!

cadyfatcat said:

Solved in my case, the session lifetime was set too high, someone thought it was in seconds, turns out it is minutes, so the session was set to expire in over a year, while memcached has a 30 day limit.

Thanks a million for this! :D

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

cadyfatcat cadyfatcat Joined 10 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.