Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Installation
Last updated 2 years ago.

I started with laravel with zero programming experience. Doing fine now. Just start building an app and you'll learn on the road.

If you're struggling with introductory tutorials in Laravel, I would strongly suggest at least running through a basic PHP tutorial (check Nettuts etc), as knowing how the PHP syntax works is going to help an awful lot.

Sign up for http://laracasts.com, I just finished watching every video and it was well worth the time. I've been programming for 16+ years (self taught) and Laracasts was some super high quality learning that set me right.

Learning PHP would be the first step, then dive into laravel. You might also consider the older MVC like codeigniter because it's quite easy to learn MVC.

Thanks guys! I tried looking at laracast but I was still lost. So, I'm going to start reading "PHP and MySQL web development" (book). It's 1000 pages so hopefully I won't have to read the whole thing. :-/ Then I guess I'll start with the laracasts.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.