Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Requests Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm trying to achieve the same, but also getting a NotFoundHttpException. If you do find a solution, please let me know.

I am interested in the solution too.

I'm a little bit of a newbie to Laravel. However, I'm working through L5 a little at the moment.

I've been trying to adjust the router for a different purpose, but in a similar way. (I want to alter the $router->model() method to allow for slugs as well as ids).

Reviewing the code, the HTTP Kernel is passed the $router instance very early on, and it's no longer tied to the container's version. (line 49 of public/index.php).

$kernel = $app->make('Illuminate\Contracts\Http\Kernel');

Then in 'handle', the kernel processes everything before passing to the router, (line 80, Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel)

public function handle($request)
{
	try
	{
		$response = $this->sendRequestThroughRouter($request);
	}
	catch (Exception $e)
	{
		$this->reportException($e);

$response = $this->renderException($request, $e);
	}

$this->app['events']->fire('kernel.handled', [$request, $response]);

return $response;
}

A part of this is the dispatchToRouter method (line 208)

protected function dispatchToRouter()
{
	return function($request)
	{
		$this->app->instance('request', $request);

return $this->router->dispatch($request);
	};
}

As you can see, it's using the kernel's stored router - rather than the one we've set through the ServiceProvider.

As a temp fix to test, I've altered the method to:

protected function dispatchToRouter()
{
    $this->router = $this->app['router'];

return function($request)
    {
        $this->app->instance('request', $request);

return $this->router->dispatch($request);
    };
}

I'm sure there is a better way, but this may give some clues? It doesn't fix everything - for example Middlewares get run on the original router, not the one we use at the end in this test change.

Last updated 8 years ago.

@Keoghan, you actually brought me onto an idea. It seems I got it working now. Essentially what I did was override dispatchToRouter in App\Http\Kernel.

Made a package out of it:

Last updated 8 years ago.

You can just add $app->singleton('router', 'App\Your\Router'); to bootstrap/app.php.. Just make sure App\Your\Router extends Illuminate\Routing\Router

@bonroyage - glad you found a solution. I also hacked into that file for a bit :)

@shnhrrsn - thanks, that was also recommended after I submitted a pull request to the Laravel team to tweak the HttpKernel to allow a service provider to override the router - declined due to small use case.

/bootstrap/app.php still a pretty clean way to resolve.

All solutions I found had problems with working with route middlewares. So I tried to cover all pitfalls in the article. Take a look. http://blog.lanin.me/2015/10/03/extending-default-laravel-router/.

Hope it will help.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

bonroyage bonroyage Joined 13 Jan 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.