Database
Last updated 2 years ago.

Hi,

If I read your question correctly you set

DB_PASSWORD=-

rather than

DB_PASSWORD=

Could this be the issue?

I would also say it's likely that you actually need a password. This is more of a guess though.

Last updated 7 years ago.

I heard about the fact that it's better to put '-' instead of null, but the result is the same...

So I would need to set a password to my databse ?

I'd say so, yes. If you get the same error without the '-' there is probably a default value somewhere.

Do you know how to set a password to phpmyadmin on ubuntu ? I tried following tutorials but it didn't work :/

I'm not sure with phpmyadmin, but you could have a look at this one and do it at command line. http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/resetting-permissions.html

You could also just create another user: https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/user_management

Nothing of this works --' I created a new user with all previledge and a password, I edited the .env file to put the new username and password, but it still display this error... SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'fab'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Last updated 7 years ago.

Are you using a VPS dedicated to this project?

Not at all ...

What's your setup?

What do you mean by setup ?

After a day of research, I achived to debbug this access problem, but now it tells me that the table in my database doesn't exist whereas it does exist for sure...

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'fabien.articles' doesn't exist (SQL: select * from articles)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

FabulousCo fabulousco Joined 29 Jun 2016

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.