Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

Do they not allow SSH access?

If not, use FTP to upload (could use git-ftp).

Last updated 1 year ago.

Is this shared hosting?

If you don't have ssh access or the ability to run composer on the server; you will need to build a complete package of your app and then upload it to go daddy.

To build the package just run composer upload on your computer and then upload the entire folder to include the vendor folder. Just know that you will loose the ability to get updates from laravel and other vendors via composer on the server. You will have to build a new package each time a vendor updates.

Last updated 1 year ago.

@SimplyCorey

Yeah it is shared hosting. I have message, mailing functionality and payment gateway in my app. so weather the application will work slow in this functionality as it is shared hosting ?. Thank you for your suggestion.

@bbashy

Thank you for your suggestion.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Shared will never be as good as cloud/dedicated but depends how fast you need/want it.

Last updated 1 year ago.

bbashy said:

Shared will never be as good as cloud/dedicated but depends how fast you need/want it.

I agree with this.

Honestly, you can get a free dedicated host through AWS (aws.amazon.com) on a tier 2 server for a year. My servers are running at about 250-400ms response times on this service and it has been great so far. It takes a little more knowledge than a regular hosting; but is very worth it in my opinion.

Beanstalk is an amazing tool in AWS to launch Laravel packages.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Sikandhar sikandhar Joined 18 Jun 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.