Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi, I also wanted to see the implementation of this. and how would google computing pricing affect the application :D

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hello, I've done some work in order to make one of my sites work on GAE. The amount of work depends on the features that your site/app is using. I would recommend start by reading the following blog post:

http://blog.neoxia.com/laravel-4-on-google-appengine-for-php/

For my site I had to:

1. configure 'php.ini' and 'app.yaml',
  2. make some changes to the Application class,
  3. set the production environment configuration to use 'memcached' for cache and session storage,
  4. and finally change in 'paths.php' the storage path to use the GAE bucket,
  5. push the code using the GAE SDK for PHP.

After I realized that I needed email and queue capabilities I started writing my GAE support package for Laravel 4.2, so I could use it in a more object oriented and Laravel friendly manner.

I wrote a special Application class, GAE Mail and Queue providers.

While using my GAE support package I had to make the following changes to my original app:

1. change production related configuration files,
  2. replace the original Mail and Queue providers with the ones in my package and
  3. in 'bootstrap/start.php' file create an instance of my application (inherited from Illuminate\Foundation\Application) instead of the original one.

The remaining tasks are MySQL and periodic tasks to be run on the server. MySQL is explained in the blog post I mentioned, but I'm not planning on adding MySQL support to my GAE support package in the near future, because the use of MySQL on GAE is a payed service. As for periodic tasks GAE has an ability to schedule tasks with cron.

Hope this helps,

Ron.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi, just released a version of my Google App Engine Support package for Laravel.

https://packagist.org/packages/shpasser/gae-support

Best,

Ron.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.