Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Packages Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

The 'right' way would depend on the use case. Specifically if they would use the same database. If you are working with the same data then go for a unified backend, otherwise it would be a package if it is just logic/resources shared and not the data.

No, the two products use different databases, but I can switch db based on domain. But I could get into a world of hurt security wise as a user needs to be able to login to both from one login, and session issues etc.

Last updated 9 years ago.

A multiple database architecture hurts when it comes to Laravel Validators , and some complex queries. Apart from that everything should work alright.

A better approach would be to separate the User management completely and tokenize the application to use validated users.

For an example a central User management system that gives access to multiple applications

• user 1 - app1, app2 , app3
  • user 2 - app2

etc ,

The authentication would be somewhat similar to a Social Login , you will login at a single location then use a token to access that application as that user.

gayanhewa said:

A multiple database architecture hurts when it comes to Laravel Validators , and some complex queries. Apart from that everything should work alright.

A better approach would be to separate the User management completely and tokenize the application to use validated users.

For an example a central User management system that gives access to multiple applications

• user 1 - app1, app2 , app3
  • user 2 - app2

etc ,

The authentication would be somewhat similar to a Social Login , you will login at a single location then use a token to access that application as that user.

That is very interesting! May be a good way to go for all our apps and a way to internally navigate to the apps without re-login.

If SOA is the way to go, I need to assure scalability, and a seamless user experience.

Hi, I've forked a great OAuth 2.0 server that now runs on Laravel 5. You can check it out from the GitHub repo. Next you could use Socialite to easily (about 6 lines of well-formatted PHP) authenticate your two client websites with your own OAuth server that would hold the user credentials and accounts secured at a single location,

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Forbin forbin Joined 31 Jan 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.