Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Database
Last updated 1 year ago.

I use MSSQL with Laravel 4.2 on Windows 7, WAMP with PHP 5.4. I believe also will need php_sqlsrv_54_ts.dll. Not sure if Microsoft has a 5.5 version yet though.

suncoastkid said:

I use MSSQL with Laravel 4.2 on Windows 7, WAMP with PHP 5.4. I believe also will need php_sqlsrv_54_ts.dll. Not sure if Microsoft has a 5.5 version yet though.

There's a php_sqlsrv_55_ts.dll already and that's what I'm using. I don't think my error is related to the extension. I think my error could be related to either my code or the SQL version I'm using (2012 Express) Do you have a way to do a quick connectivity test with Laravel? I am starting with it and I wouldn't know how. I was following a tutorial on how to do a quick CRUD app and I made it work with MySQL, but not with SQL 2012 Express as you can see above...

Ok, I solved my own problem. The issue was with MS-SQL Server 2012 Express didn't have port 1433 in the SQL Server Configuration Manager > SQL Server Network Configuration > TCP/IP > Properties> TCP Port was BLANK! Just type 1433 and restart the services and BAM!! Like Magic!

Your app in localhost or in production?

In my application, when in localhost php_sqlsrv_54_ts.dll works great. But in production this dll is not supported in Linux VPS.

Do you have any idea what to do?

Thanks

Hi louposk,

The SQLSRV extension allows you to access Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Azure databases when running PHP on "Windows"

http://php.net/manual/en/intro.sqlsrv.php

Thanks

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

ezequiels ezequiels Joined 20 Jan 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.