Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 2 years ago.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a laravel issue but a virtual host issue. You didn't specify where phpmyadmin was located or how you access it but I imagine there is a virtual host and an entry in your hosts file for it. Take a look and if you cant figure it out I'd provide a little more information on your setup.

1. What web server are you running (apache, nginx)
  2. Your virutal host configuration.
  3. Location of phpmyadmin

Hi, The server is apache. I tried adding a vhost but it doesn't works for me. Right now the vhost file is like it:

<VirtualHost example.com:80> DocumentRoot "/opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/site/public" ServerName example.com <Directory "/opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/site/public"> AllowOverride All Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> </VirtualHost>

Phpmyadmin was installed on /opt/bitnami/apps/phpmyadmin/htdocs When it doesn't works I tried to install another version of phpmyadmin in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/ but i can't even access to the installer

I tried putting this lines on .htaccess and I had the same result RewriteRule ^phpmyadmin/(.*)$ /phpmyadmin/$1 [R=301,NC,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/phpmyadmin

Thanks for your answer!

can you give use more detail by example ? like what is your host domain name and your vhost domain name like eg. your primary host is example.com and your vhost sub.example.com. which one you use for laravel and which one is for phpmyadmin.

if you set example.com for your laravel, then you can use subdomain for you phpmyadmin like phpmyadmin.example.com

also make sure your apache config not pointing into laravel as default since it will run laravel first before any other config.

regards,

Last updated 9 years ago.
<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "/opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/site/public"
    ServerName example.com
    ErrorLog "logs/example.com-error.log"
    CustomLog "logs/example.com-access.log" common
</VirtualHost>

This would serve "/opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/site/public" when going to example.com

In terms of phpmyadmin you would need to add another virtual host for it. You didn't specify if your using your system webserver or if you have MAMP, XAMPP installed so I can't give you all the steps for the vhost configuration. So if you followed busaway advice you could set it up as a subdomain.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "/opt/bitnami/apps/phpmyadmin/htdocs"
    ServerName phpmyadmin.example.com
    ErrorLog "logs/phpmyadmin.example.com-error.log"
    CustomLog "logs/phpmyadmin.example.com-access.log" common
</VirtualHost>

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

xpns xpns Joined 19 Dec 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.