Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

This is a rather large project, you would need a very good understanding of PHP, Laravel and modern software design patterns. Also I would not recommend undertaking such a venture as a single person.

As far as integrating other e-commerce solutions with Laravel? Doable in principal although not worth the heart ache to maintain.

I honestly believe you would be better of starting from scratch in Laravel. Magento is a b*tch to implement with or in anything, and OpenCart is quite easy to replicate if you have the time.

@andrewmclagan, could you explain why you wouldn't recommend an ecommerce solution to be built by one person?

Both Prestashop and Magento have API and great API docs.

You can sync a shop with any app/software that can send SOAP/XML-RPC requests, including with your own Laravel app.

Last updated 9 years ago.

I am also looking into doing something like this as well. I'm leaning towards OpenCart 2.x. Their multi-vendor marketplace solution is about $160 but I'm not sure it is worth it. I'm not sure how well Laravel could integrate with it. Building a cart from scratch, however, is just so time-consuming.

Magento seems more pricey, Prestashop... not so sure.

Did you choose a solution yet? What have you decided? I'm curious to know how it is coming along.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

ubilli ubilli Joined 10 Jun 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.