Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Security
Last updated 1 year ago.

We might need more information than what you've provided, but off the top of my head I'd suggest just encoding one file to see if you get the same results.

Last updated 1 year ago.

You actually can't protect the code. Both of those encryptors have been cracked and the decryptors are readily available, all it takes is quick Google search or asking in the right place online.

The best you can do, is license the software properly and trust that people won't abuse it. Most people will respect licensing, and the few that don't... Well, they aren't going to mess with the encryption anyways unless they are removing it.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Garbee said:

You actually can't protect the code. Both of those encryptors have been cracked and the decryptors are readily available, all it takes is quick Google search or asking in the right place online.

The best you can do, is license the software properly and trust that people won't abuse it. Most people will respect licensing, and the few that don't... Well, they aren't going to mess with the encryption anyways unless they are removing it.

Interesting, here's an encoded file you can test that theory out on http://laravel.io/bin/kdX. I'm not at all saying it can't be done, but I've never been successful at it or willing to pay to see if it's possible. That was encoded with ioncube 7.0 / php 5.3 by the way. I've always wanted to see what the results would look like.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I encoded the entire project but when i run got error from route file. Actualy laravel tryes to interpret this:

if(!extension_loaded('ionCube Loader')){$__oc=strtolower(substr(php_uname(),0,3));$__ln='ioncube_loader_'.$__oc.'_'.substr(phpversion(),0,3).(($__oc=='win')?'.dll':'.so');if(function_exists('dl')){@dl($__ln);}if(function_exists('_il_exec')){return _il_exec();}$__ln='/ioncube/'.$__ln;$__oid=$__id=realpath(ini_get('extension_dir'));$__here=dirname(__FILE__);if(strlen($__id)>1&&$__id[1]==':'){$__id=str_replace('\\','/',substr($__id,2));$__here=str_replace('\\','/',substr($__here,2));}$__rd=str_repeat('/..',substr_count($__id,'/')).$__here.'/';$__i=strlen($__rd);while($__i--){if($__rd[$__i]=='/'){$__lp=substr($__rd,0,$__i).$__ln;if(file_exists($__oid.$__lp)){$__ln=$__lp;break;}}}if(function_exists('dl')){@dl($__ln);}}else{die('The file '.__FILE__." is corrupted.\n");}if(function_exists('_il_exec')){return _il_exec();}echo('Site error: the file <b>'.__FILE__.'</b> requires the ionCube PHP Loader '.basename($__ln).' to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the <a href="http://www.ioncube.com/lw/";>ionCube Loader Wizard</a> to assist with installation.');exit(199);

And gives error

Last updated 1 year ago.

If you are not using the "include file protection" feature would avoid this. You can encode your controllers, models, helpers and routes.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

closca closca Joined 9 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.