Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Database
Last updated 1 year ago.

Do you do the php artisan migrate on your local machine or the vagrant-box?

ssh into the vagrant box. Don't think you can run php artisan from the local machine if you need to reach the vm

Last updated 1 year ago.

OMG you're damn right! I watched Jeffrey's Video on how to use Vagrant with Laravel on laracasts.com again. And what I've not seen in the first round was, that he used artisan in the Vagrant box. For me that means, looking all the vids twice!!! Thanks a lot for pointing me on this!

Last updated 1 year ago.

I too just switched to Vagrant, and love what I see so far. It's a smoother process than using MAMP,and I love how you can just start or destroy your virtual server - awesome concept.

I too was confused about where to run migrate commands, but it makes perfect sense to do this inside of the virtual server.

I ssh into my vagrant server, but now I am confused.

Do i run the php artisan migrate of the the ssh command line, or do I need to navigate to a directory.

my Laravel project is at /laravel/public

Right now when I try and run the migrate command to create my db (via SSH on vagrant server) I get the following errors:

vagrant@vaprobash:~$ php artisan migrate:make create_music
Could not open input file: artisan
Last updated 1 year ago.

You need to cd to the right directory before running artisan.

vagrant ssh
cd /var/www/
php artisan migrate:make create_music
Last updated 1 year ago.

XoneFobic said:

Do you do the php artisan migrate on your local machine or the vagrant-box?

ssh into the vagrant box. Don't think you can run php artisan from the local machine if you need to reach the vm

I have a problem on the local machine. how do I fix this?

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

foo41 foo41 Joined 11 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.