Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Database
Last updated 2 years ago.

Make sure you have necessary permissions on the database you are connecting with from your laravel application. Or, may be your password is incorrect. Are you able to access database through a database client?

I'm having the same issue but it's because my environments aren't being detected so it's loading the default settings which are "production". Problem started after I updated today to 4.22.

I do have necessary permissions I have gone into mysql and done all the basic CRUD operations plus database creation and deletion and same goes for tables. I think I'm just going to copy my code to a clean install of laravel. Can't believe I have to do this but whatever.

I have the same issue as KevinCreel. It was working fine until I ran composer update, now it never detects the environment properly. Unlike john stew a new installation didn't help.

Edit: I believe this is related to the requirement for using machine name instead of hostname, which puts those of us with multiple environments on a single machine in a bit of a bind. Not sure I like my framework dictating my security to me, but it is what it is.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

johnstew johnstew Joined 22 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.