Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Views
Last updated 1 year ago.

longestdrive said:

Hi I've been using basset as my asset manager and am playing with gulp.js as an alternative to compiling my LESS css files. I've just watched some excellent tutorials on the laracasts site.

So - I think I'll now be able to compile my CSS and minify JS etc.(still testing!)

However one of the things I liked with Basset was the ability to create different combinations of either CSS or JS depening on the page I was developing - I ended up having 2-3 different packages with the resources needed for the pages.

So - in Laravel is there an alternative approach to Basset that I could set up packages based on the compiled CSS and JS produced by Gulp?

I liked the ease of just using one command in a view to include all the scripts - Do I need to go back to basics with CSS and JS links? Can I compile my CSS and JS ino unique combined packages?

Whats the best way to include plugin JS and CSS into my workflow?

Confused and slow on the uptake!!

I'm very interested in this too! I'd love to find an example of a recommended/best-practices setup for using Gulp and Laravel. The articles and tutorials I've found all just work with a single stylesheet and javascript.

I'd like to find a explanation that shows everything from how to include your assets in the view to cache-busting (if and why and how).

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.