Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

you could just ftp it there. you can't migrate, so dump your sql db locally and then import it with phpmyadmin forexample.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Probably your best bet is simply copying all app files, but be aware it may take quite long (many files) if your only access is FTP, with risk of incomplete transfer. May be better (but not necessary) to transfer a single compressed archive file and extract it via PHP zip extension or exec() and tar command if available (you can find many tutorials on the web). Last but not least, you could try to run composer via PHP script - take a look here for example - but that could be much harder than expected (it didn't work for me some time ago because the hosting service had proc_open disabled).

Also, in your case you most likely have permission to access only your own web root directory and you can't change the document root configuration, therefore probably you won't be able to place "non-public" elements outside the document root as recommended, so at least remember to set file permissions properly.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your help. I'll try to install it that way. However I was thinking of hiring a VPS as this would be more professional and better for deploying laravel projects in the future (correct me if I'm wrong)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.