Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Architecture Testing
Last updated 1 year ago.

What you're saying doesn't even sound like you need a normal MVC application, thus my first thought is that Laravel seems like an overcomplication.

I guess it's hard to give you advice without seeing the greater context, but it sounds to me like you just need to maybe use just Eloquent as a stand alone package (or hell, just use Docrine's DBAL to go really low-level), and then write some clean object-oriented code to accomplish the steps in the process that need to be done.

But my gut tells me that you're trying to use Laravel to accomplish a task isn't well suited for.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Yeah, I suppose I gave a bit too narrow of a picture. The full application does enough that I think it's worthwhile to use a framework: user accounts, subscription payments, a web-based front end for users, an administrative backend, etc. It's a lot more straightforward to conceive how those parts will be coded up though. The part of the application I explained in the post above is just the part where I'm drawing a mental block.

I'm struggling to get myself out of a coding mindset where everything is tightly coupled, but I may just be getting stuck on the fear that the way I do it isn't going to be perfect.

Last updated 1 year ago.

You could probably use observers, event handlers or a push queue similar to ironmq

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.