Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Authentication
Last updated 1 year ago.

I also have the same problem...

Pub key is fine, location to the key is fine, I can login from my terminal...

Using PHP 5.4.23.

Not sure what to do anymore...

Last updated 1 year ago.

Solved (in my case)... All the time I have using public key as a key parameter. When I changed to use private key, everything works fine!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Not for me. I don't know what i'm doing wrong... Still if only use a working login with username & password without keyfile i get this error.

I also tested this connecting process on a remote server using laravel. I thought it might by a firewall/blocked connection problem.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm having the same problem.

• No firewall.
  • Read access to key file.
  • Tried both private/public files.
  • Tried both rsa/dsa files.
  • Tried with SSH agent both enabled/disabled.
  • Key file has no password.
  • SSH via command line works well without asking for password.
  • Providing password instead of key file works.
Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi - sorry to dig up an old thread but I ran into the same problem and found that it remained relatively unsolved.

I dug down into Illuminate/Remote to figure out exactly what was going wrong - the errors aren't very helpful but I don't have the time to make a commit with more descriptive exceptions.

• Your keyfile must be of type RSA - the implementation for SSH using a keyfile only supports RSA not DSA
  • Your keyfile must not be encrypted (as you rightly highlighted) - openssl rsa –in enc.key -out dec.key
  • As far as I can tell you must provide a literal path, bash shortcuts such as ~ might not work
  • Your must chmod 0600 /dir/yourkeyfile

I'm effectively reiterating what was said elsewhere - but seeing as this is hit #1 in the google lord I figured I'd leave a comment.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hello @divdax i'm encountering the same problem you had, please any news about this?

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

divdax divdax Joined 3 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.