Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Packages
Last updated 2 years ago.

Thanks for your effort,

But how it is different than Eloquent, Is it worth to switching.

It's a Data Mapper ORM, where Eloquent is an Active Record ORM.

Chris Fidao wrote a very good post explaining the differences between the two : http://fideloper.com/how-we-code

In short, it allows a strict separation of concerns between the domain layer (your models) and the persistence layer (the database). . Your models are cleaner and more secure (eg : no need to deal with MassAssignment vulnerabilities).

They're also more flexible as you are not tied to extends the Eloquent class, you can use POPO's instead. This alone opens a wide range of new possibilities.

It supports ValueObjects. It also makes the Repository Pattern far much easier to implement in Laravel.

Yes I think it's worth switching if you're interested in building applications that follow SOLID principles.

Thanks for referencing me to very goo article. Do you have any working example of package or a demo ?

Not yet, I'm currently writing an article on Laravel 5 integration with Analogue, which will have a demo app on github with it. I'll update the thread when it's done.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

RemiCollin remicollin Joined 11 Nov 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.