Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

After adding packages to composer.json - you need to run "composer update" from your command line in order to actually download the files into your project.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Now when I run composer update I get:

Liu997$ ./composer.phar update
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Nothing to install or update
Generating autoload files
{"error":{"type":"Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\FatalErrorException","message":"Class 'Former\\FormerServiceProvider' not found","file":"\/Users\/Liu997\/Dropbox\/Development\/SwiftStartup\/vendor\/laravel\/framework\/src\/Illuminate\/Foundation\/ProviderRepository.php","line":158}}{"error":{"type":"Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\FatalErrorException","message":"Class 'Former\\FormerServiceProvider' not found","file":"\/Users\/Liu997\/Dropbox\/Development\/SwiftStartup\/vendor\/laravel\/framework\/src\/Illuminate\/Foundation\/ProviderRepository.php","line":158}}Script php artisan clear-compiled handling the post-update-cmd event returned with an error

[RuntimeException]  
  Error Output:       

update [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--lock] [--no-plugins] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--with-dependencies] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [packages1] ... [packagesN]
Last updated 1 year ago.

Let's start from the beginning. Try:

composer.phar require anahkiasen/former

It'll ask you for the version, type dev-master

Then add the Service Provider and Facade to app.php.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Remove the facade/service providers before running composer update, or, easiest, run composer update --no-scripts

After that, run composer dump-autoload, and that should work.

Last updated 1 year ago.

After following koomai's instructions, it no longer has a problem on pages that I don't use former. But on pages that I use former the web page loads up with

Class 'Former\Facades\Illuminate' not found
Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

eliu7 eliu7 Joined 19 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.