Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 8 years ago
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

After installing Laravel, you may need to configure some permissions. Directories within the storage and the bootstrap/cache directories should be writable by your web server or Laravel will not run. If you are using the Homestead virtual machine, these permissions should already be set.

I realized that PHP doesnt return any error. even if I put blahblahblah() on the index.php i get the same error. Laravel doesnt report any error. I tried with APP_DEBUG to true but I have the same. How can I enable php to be displayed normal in web browser?

Also, app/storage folder doesnt exist neither the bootstrap/path.php as they mention in the docs they dont exist. Laravel is so confusing I cant understand why people call its so easy to setup. So many errors and missing files...

Storage is in laravel home directory next to app and public.

but how can I display error messages in browser instead of log file?

georgek said:

but how can I display error messages in browser instead of log file?

change name of .env.example file to .env

I already have an .env file

APP_ENV=local APP_DEBUG=true APP_KEY=p6nZDugzvpaabhalzrq79PDuwxDZitw4 APP_URL=localhost .... ....

well I just figured that I did chmod 777 storage but it needs chmod -R 777 storage... now I got errors... lets see

I got the same error right now. I change permissions of storage and bootstrap folders already but the page still isn't working.

Please help!

PS: sorry I fixed by checking the error_log. Wrong PHP version. Thanks guys!

Last updated 7 years ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

georgek georgek Joined 21 Mar 2016

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.