Back

[RuntimeException] Unable to detect application namespace


Hi to all!

When I use cmd command

php artisan make:command FooCommand

i get runtime error from thread subject. May be someone decide this problem?

Thanks in advance.

esomkin replied 2 years ago Solution

Problem solved. It's my oversight )

Logik22 replied 2 years ago

Why not post your solution so when people google it and open the first result they don't just see "problem solved"?!?

Logik22 replied 2 years ago

For me the solution was to fix the composer.json file in the project. Under require-dev I had

	"require-dev": {
		"phpunit/phpunit": "~4.0",
		"phpspec/phpspec": "~2.1",
	},

At one point I had 3 in there and when I removed it I forgot to remove the 2nd comma. Once I fixed this code make:request executed appropriately.

	"require-dev": {
		"phpunit/phpunit": "~4.0",
		"phpspec/phpspec": "~2.1"
	},
shuyye replied 2 years ago

@brent2890 thanks for this, I had a comment in the composer.json file and it totally blocked the make requests. Nice spot. :)

imanghafoori1 replied 2 years ago

Same problem Same solution for me, it was caused by and extra , camma in my composer.json file

stefanschindler replied 2 years ago

Thanks, Brent2890, same solution worked for me. I had an additional character in the composer.json file

unclepickles replied 2 years ago

to be honest I had the same problem and it was solved by removing a comma from the require-dev section

justk replied 2 years ago

Yes I had the same issue and then solved by removing the comma in the composer.json file, thanks OP!

tournasdim replied 2 years ago

The CLI command : "composer diagnose" (without the double quotes) is very handy for checking syntax errors in the composer.json file .

IdrisFab replied 2 years ago

Worked for me, some missing brackets, so its safe to say, This namespace error indicates that there is an error with the composer.json file.

Thanks!

manusoriano84 replied 11 months ago

Thanks! Worked for me. Apparently you have to eliminate the extra commas. Regardless of where it is, in my case it was in "require" instead of "require-dev"

legobrainiac replied 8 months ago

Same problem, and this worked! Thanks!


Sign in to participate in this thread!



We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us