Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Laravel.io
Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi Rick,

I'm coming across this same decision making for building out my app. From my understanding and asking other experienced developers, I would need to develop an api using any back-end framework. In this case using Laravel.

Then make the front-end access the api data. You can use laravel views, angular, react, ember, jquery or any other front-end javascript framework that will allow you to use json data given by the api to do the ui logic. It's what Ionic would need to make it work.

So main business logic will go in building out the api. That way you can choose any technology for the front-end without having to all the database stuff twice in laravel.

This is what has been explained to me for proper api centric architecture for my app which will use the same data across web and mobile app.

I'm still unclear on how I'm going to do all this but at least I have a better understanding on how this all works and helps me make better decisions down the road.

I hope this info is useful and if there's something out of tune, please correct me as I am also learning about api.

Hi Enoklabs.

Thanks for your reply.

I think the best thing to do is go back over my notes and experiment with it :)

I will let you know how I get on

Rick

Hi Guys,

I am working on something similar.

I am building an API in Laravel which will be accessed by several front end websites.

I have run into a bit of an obstacle. I want to create a new laravel app that will essentially be just a front end app that will also access the API. The laravel front end app will be used to register the various other front end apps to use the API.

Regarding database connections how did you connect them up?

Is it possible to run my front end app solely on the API for it's connections to the database? Or will I need a smaller separate DB for persisting user info and password reset etc. to?

Regards Colin

(Laravel 5.2)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.