Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Packages
Last updated 2 years ago.

just like Ruby on Rails

Kind of like Ruby on Rails scaffold, except this does more than just create a couple files for you - it takes you from 0 to testable application in one command.

It sets up your layout and js/css files, load in multiple models at a time (with relationships), and is completely customizable.

The reason why I really like this command and the motivation behind developing it was because I like to draw out all of my models and visualize the projects' structure - this command allows me to define all of my models with their properties in one file, and when I'm ready, just run scaffold:update and it will create all of my controllers/models/repos/views/migrations/seeds/test, all configurable to my needs. Also, when you need to make any adjustments, you can add/remove models/properties from this file, rerun scaffold:update, and it will immediately update your migrations and models with these new changes, and if new models are defined, it will generate all of the scaffolding for them.

Everything is customizable (paths, filenames, templates, etc) - so if you have a particular application folder structure, or you like your controller/views/etc named a certain way, or you want to namespace your application, or you want to customize how the views look, or you want more than the standard views, etc, then it is all possible.

There is no other scaffold tool like it and it is still improving :)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

jrenton jrenton Joined 6 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.