Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Authentication
Last updated 1 year ago.

Halnex said:

Hello,

I'm just starting out with Laravel 5, I come from Laravel 4 environment so it shouldn't be too hard.

I heard L5 comes with a built-in authentication system which is neat.

I've set everything up from database to views.

The registration process is working correctly and after that it logs me in automatically. but when I log out and try to log back in, I get this error:

These credentials do not match our records.

I'm not sure what's wrong. do I have to write the login functions manually or how does it work in L5?

Hey Halnex, if you went with the default view, controller and migrations, you should be good to go and not encountering any issues at all. What's your current setup, are you using the default? If so, I don't see why everything wouldn't work... I'd say have a look in your database to make sure things look alright there!

I had the same problem, but the error was on the field length in the database, place a 100 character it solves.

phroggyy said:

Halnex said:

Hello,

I'm just starting out with Laravel 5, I come from Laravel 4 environment so it shouldn't be too hard.

I heard L5 comes with a built-in authentication system which is neat.

I've set everything up from database to views.

The registration process is working correctly and after that it logs me in automatically. but when I log out and try to log back in, I get this error:

These credentials do not match our records.

I'm not sure what's wrong. do I have to write the login functions manually or how does it work in L5?

Hey Halnex, if you went with the default view, controller and migrations, you should be good to go and not encountering any issues at all. What's your current setup, are you using the default? If so, I don't see why everything wouldn't work... I'd say have a look in your database to make sure things look alright there!

i'm not using default registration page, and that is why when i tries to logged in , it fails......any solution?

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Halnex halnex Joined 29 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.