Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

All I can suggest is what worked for me here

It looks like you tried to download the file manually and unzip. Instead just clone the app from github.

Last updated 1 year ago.

The thing is that some time ago it simply just worked doing laravel new <app_name> and you would and with a full install of Laravel 4.* base application without the need to do a composer install afterwards. Now it just spits out these error messages when doing laravel new <app_name> in my terminal and there doesn't seem to be anything that has changed. It just started to not work.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Do not bother renaming the file, and do not bother with /usr/local/bin. Just place laravel.phar in the folder where you are going to use it.

Then, make sure you have the PHP curl module installed. On OpenSuse: sudo zypper install php5-curl.

Then create your new Laravel application with the following command (notice you use the php command to execute the .phar file): php laravel.phar new <project-name>, e.g. php laravel.phar new sandbox. A new subfolder will be created with the project-name as its name, containing the skeleton of a Laravel application.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

villimagg villimagg Joined 12 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.