Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

Just a quick addition - It looks like the bluehost servers are running PHP 5.4.24 so that shouldn't be the problem, even though it looks like DIR isn't being parsed correctly.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hello!

I recently deployed a Laravel site to bluehost. Since I use my bluehost account for several sites, i have a subdirectory for each inside my /public_html directory. I deployed the entire laravel site to the subdirectory for my site, then I created a subdomain to point to the laravel /public folder for its document root.

so deploy to /public_html/mysite/ subdomain doc root=> /public_html/mysite/public

Then the laravel config works with its original settings.

Last updated 1 year ago.

antiquarian said:

Hello!

I recently deployed a Laravel site to bluehost. Since I use my bluehost account for several sites, i have a subdirectory for each inside my /public_html directory. I deployed the entire laravel site to the subdirectory for my site, then I created a subdomain to point to the laravel /public folder for its document root.

so deploy to /public_html/mysite/ subdomain doc root=> /public_html/mysite/public

that is what i have done and works nice.

Then the laravel config works with its original settings.

Last updated 1 year ago.

You can do this with .htaccess

Assuming your folder structure looks like:

public_html/
.htaccess
app/
public/
vendor/
bootstrap/
html/

Edit your .htaccess and add this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !public/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /public/$1 [L]
Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.