Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Requests
Last updated 1 year ago.

Looks like the QuickRoutes alias is missing there. Even the documentation does not say anything about adding a service provider and the alias.

Alternatively, if you are looking to just reduce the clutter in the routes file, a lot can be done with route prefixes.

http://laravel.com/docs/routing#route-prefixing

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for the tip about prefixing. I must confess I don't really understand what it does but reading a bit should clear that up.

What I'm trying to do is get rid of having to manually specify every route I want supported for my application. That amount of tedious code you have to write seems pretty crazy. Maybe I got spoiled in CodeIgnitor where routes were auto managed based on convention.

Last updated 1 year ago.

What I'm trying to do is get rid of having to manually specify every route I want supported for my application. That amount of tedious code you have to write seems pretty crazy. Maybe I got spoiled in CodeIgnitor where routes were auto managed based on convention.

You could write a catchall controller for all routes and then use the text helpers to load routes based on the URL segments. It should be reasonably easy to do.

I prefer the Laravel method though.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

gte451f gte451f Joined 12 Apr 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.