Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Views Blade Packages
Last updated 2 years ago.

I have been wrangling Chumper's datatable and struggled to get an element in the datatable to be a link to a route with the elements id. e.g. user/25/show. I finally did it this way:

->addColumn('companyname',function($model)
    {
       $link = "<a href = 'company/" . $model->id ."/show' >".$model->companyname."</a>";
return $link;

})

sahamilton said:

I have been wrangling Chumper's datatable and struggled to get an element in the datatable to be a link to a route with the elements id. e.g. user/25/show. I finally did it this way:

->addColumn('companyname',function($model)
 {
   $link = "<a href = 'company/" . $model->id ."/show' >".$model->companyname."</a>";
   return $link;
   });
->addColumn('companyname', function($model) {
    return '<a href = "' . route('company.show', $model->id) .  '">' . $model->companyname.  '</a>';
});

Thanks Erik for that simplification.

Now I am trying to get the setUrl command to work.

I have created and tested a route to the api:

Route::get('api/location/{companyId}',array('as'=>'api/location', 'uses'=>'LocationsController@getDatatable'));

I know that works as I have entered the URL api/location/38 and receive the collection back.

and have the following in the blade template:

{{ Datatable::table()
->addColumn('Street','City','State','ZIP')       // these are the column headings to be shown
->setUrl(route('api/location/'.$data['company']->id))   // this is the route where data will be retrieved
->render() }}

However I get a Laravel error:

ErrorException
Route [api/location/38] not defined. (View: D:\xampp\htdocs\mapminer\app\views\companies\newshow.blade.php)

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here. :-(

{{ Datatable::table()
    ->addColumn('Street', 'City', 'State', 'ZIP')
    ->setUrl( route('api/location', $data['company']->id) )   // You used a dot instead of a coma
    ->render() }}

For an explanation of the route helper click here.

Thanks so much Erik .. As always the devil is in the details! You saved me a few hours and countless hairs on my head (which is good as I don't have countless!).

You're welcome.

Well now I seem to find that if I make a column (e.g. add a link to the company name per above), this column now sorts (almost) by its id versus its name.

I added two columns both included in the orderColumns array. One column, company name is defined in showColumns the other is an add column of the company name with a route link added.

return Datatable::collection(Company::all())
	->showColumns('id','companyname')
	->addColumn('companynamelink',function($model)
    {
		return link_to('company/'.$model->id.'/show', $model->companyname, $attributes = array(), $secure = null);
    })

->searchColumns('companyname')
	->orderColumns('id','companyname','companynamelink','types')
	->make();

The straight (unlinked) company name will sort as expected, however the linked company sorts by its id as follows: 1,10,11...2,20,21 ...3,30,31 i.e. not numerically but text / numerically!!

Is this a 'feature' or my misunderstanding?

Ok I have solved that issue. I added the ->setOrderStrip() to the datatable function

->searchColumns('branchname','branchaddress')
	->orderColumns('branchname','city','state','region')
	->setOrderStrip()
	->make();

All appears well now.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

humbertomn humbertomn Joined 14 Apr 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.