Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Requests
Last updated 1 year ago.

Laravel has a helpful command (routes) that will list all of the registered routes for your application, run php artisan routes for a full list, you can use this to check whether or not a route is correctly registered, the output will look something like this:

$ php artisan routes
+--------+----------------+-------+---------+----------------+---------------+
| Domain | URI            | Name  | Action  | Before Filters | After Filters |
|        | GET|HEAD about | about | Closure |                |               |

The route is valid so I suspect it is registered, in which case the problem is probably with your environment configuration. Are you using apache or nginx? How have you configured it? Did you follow a guide, or write the configuration yourself? If you can provide the configuration you're using that will be helpful.

Last updated 1 year ago.
$ php artisan routes
+--------+----------------+-------+------------------------+----------------+---------------+
| Domain | URI            | Name  | Action                 | Before Filters | After Filters |
+--------+----------------+-------+------------------------+----------------+---------------+
|        | GET|HEAD /     | page  | PageController@Index   |                |            |
|        | GET|HEAD about | about | PageController@Aboutus |                |            |

I am using Wamp server on windows 7.

I have install composer, artisan, GitBash follow the complete documentation and also have a look to couple of tutorials. But here I am stuck... I don't know what to do?

Yes I do strictly follow the guidelines.

Thanks.

Last updated 1 year ago.

still didn't work for me dude, help plz..................

Last updated 1 year ago.

i think if you visit http://laravel.dev:90/couponshopping/laravel/about/ you can get the correct page.

if it doesn't work yet , change you routes.php like this

Route::get('about', array( 'as' => 'about', function(){
    return "string";
}));
Last updated 1 year ago.

I have a question here, If we are giving function in route::get and returning strings or views then how can controller helps us?

b.t.w didn't work either :(

Last updated 1 year ago.

If you're not sure about using controllers and the difference between a closure and a controller you might find the Code Bright book by Dayle Rees really helpful, it's designed for beginners new to the framework and covers routing. If you prefer learning through videos then Laracasts is a really good learning resource created by Jeffrey Way that has videos all about using controllers, the Laravel From Scratch series will be perfect for you.

With regards to your problem, let's take a step back. The issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with routes it appears to be related to your web server configuration, so let's make sure that you actually have Laravel installed and accessible.

After installing Laravel and navigating to the homepage you should see a "You have arrived" page with a Laravel logo: do you see that? If you do see it, what is the URL that you're visiting?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Have you got "mod_rewrite" module enabled?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

rmsohaila rmsohaila Joined 19 Apr 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.