Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Requests Cache Laravel.io
Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi,

In my opinion this all depends on two things:

• Architecture decisions. Make sure to pre-generate as much content as possible and cache it somehow (varnish!)
  • Server resources. For sure this won't work with a single machine, but with the right hardware in the right configuration, shouldn't be a problem

I built some live news website a year, or two ago. We had about 10.000 users online at the very same time, consuming our news articles (those were pushed to all users instantly). I learned a lot during that time. This was such a huge project, even static files (pictures mostly) became a problem. Lighttpd/Nginx just crashed in standard configuration. Talking 3-5Gbit/s of bandwidth here.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi, I don't think you'll find any php framework that can handle that kind of load uncached, but Laravel will definitely not have worse performance than Wordpress.

Usually you'll want the cache as close to the user as possible, which means:

• Use a CDN for as much as possible. Some sites (like etsy.com) actually point their main domain to their CDN.
  • Use something like Varnish for everything else. Even fresh content can usually be cached for at least a few seconds.
  • The last resort is caching db requests.

I work on a site network that has similar load and we use Laravel without any performance problems.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks, I will publish my experiences here. The project has been already started.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks in advance, it would be really nice if you would share some optimization insights and decisions you will make during the process. Good luck! ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Did the project work? And it was made in Laravel? I'd create an acount because I am very curious about it.

Thanks.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

balintant balintant Joined 2 Apr 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.