I'm not sure if this is related or not but I recently began the process of migrating my app to L5 and had an issue where Auth::User() was returning an instance of App\User while User::find(1) was returning an instance of User. I chose not to namespace my models. I found the problem was that in config/auth.php, the 'model' key was set to 'App\User'. I changed it to 'User' and my problem was solved.
Thank you. I found the problem. I have a user management feature where an administrator can create and update user accounts, including passwords. With this, I had a mutator method where I was hashing the password. This was causing users to have their password hashed twice.
Sign in to participate in this thread!
We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us