Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

"vagrant reload" is not enough?

Last updated 1 year ago.

I'll give that a try, thanks.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Or in putty via ssh, "serve domain.app /home/vagrant/Code/path/to/public/directory"

But I haven't got that working yet :)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hmm, while 'vagrant reload' will sync the newly mapped folder it doesn't seem to touch the sites elements. Looks like 'vagrant destroy' is the only option.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Can confirm vagrant destroy works, I have validated this. But the serve option still eludes me. If you can get the serve option to work it bypasses the need to destroy the vagrant box.

So far I have ran the serve command:

• Added the domain to the hosts file
  • Validated the files exist on the VM and my local
  • Ran composer update
  • Ran php artisan dump-autoload
  • Checked the available roots

Still get the response "No input file specified." on any route listed.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Got to the root of my issue, the serve command is working. However the variables $1 and $2 are not populated and being passed to the script.

I therefore have /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/$1, and server entries keep being appended to this file.

Any one had similar things happen? or even a solution?

Last updated 1 year ago.

This could be of some help: https://github.com/laravel/homestead/pull/6

Last updated 1 year ago.

Haven't used Homestead, but I would try this:

vagrant provision

or

vagrant reload --provision

There's really no need to destroy the whole VM.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks Scott, that solved it!

Also checkout https://github.com/laravel/homestead/issues/13

If you just want to patch it on your own.

@Shabushabu - I will definitely give the provision command a whirl later to see if that is also a fix.

Last updated 1 year ago.

That's a big part of what makes Vagrant so awesome. For me anyways. You change something in a config file, like adding a new site. Then you run the provisioners again after that and everything that's missing gets added. Doesn't matter which provisioner you use. Could be Ansible, SaltStack, Chef or Puppet. They all keep track of your files and if something changes then it'll get updated the next time you provision your VM. Only reason why this approach might not work is if Homestead uses only bash scripts.

UPDATE: Had a look at Homesteads vagrant config file and it seems to be only running shell provisioners, so the provision command might or might not work, depending on these shell scripts.

Last updated 1 year ago.

shabushabu

vagrant reload --provision

This seems to work, thank you - it leaves a trail of folders on the vagrant machine but not exactly difficult to clean up. Better than rebuilding every time anyway!

Last updated 1 year ago.

It's just a development machine, so whatever folders it creates it might actually need. And if it doesn't then they won't do any harm. I wouldn't worry about them. Anyways, glad I could help.

Last updated 1 year ago.

It works for me too. Thank you so much, I was going insane trying to find a fix for this error.

Last updated 1 year ago.
vagrant reload --provison

That did the trick! Thinking about aliasing that command to perhaps 'vrp' as in v(agrant) r(eload) (--)p(rovision).

Any thoughts?

Last updated 1 year ago.
vagrant reload --provison

That did the trick! Thinking about aliasing that command to perhaps 'vrp' as in v(agrant) r(eload) (--)p(rovision).

Any thoughts?

Last updated 1 year ago.

+1 and 6 chars

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.